Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Book club Discussions

I am not sure if I can explain just how awesome our Book Clubs are this year!!!!
I have always lead our "Book Talks".  
This year I let the kids take over.

They meet each day, in small groups with a book.
They read.
They discuss.
I just walk around the room and glow in amazement 
at their ability to actually discuss books...
IN FIRST GRADE!

Here is a video clip I caught just in time.  
Seriously....NOT a set up.  
I just heard them get started and 
ran to grab my I-PAD 
(Thanks again to the PTO for this awesome gift!!!)



And here are some pictures of the kiddos in Room 2 in action!
They are discussing books, writing about their friends' books and 
using their bookmarks with "Thinking Stems" to get the conversation started.











Very proud teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment